Comments

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought girls pee via the clitoris! ^.^

posted by devlyn on January 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Ok, I just found your site and also just started a job at a law firm. Apparently snorting your green tea out of your nose is a)noticed here and b)looked down upon. Worth it.

posted by Julie on January 17, 2013 at 07:04 PM

We had really close family friends and for the longest time I thought they were married; they always were together and I would hear people talking about "their" house. I was probably about 18 when I finally realized that they were brother and sister and the man was gay.

I also had a cousin, "Normellon". I really thought this was her name until I was in my 20's, and found out she was really NORMA ELLEN, and everyone just ran them together.

posted by Devon on January 31, 2013 at 09:29 AM

I just thought of another one (apparently my family has a lot of dumb kids!). When my mom was little, my great-grandma told her that if she slept with a penny on her cheek she would get dimples. For months my mom would tape a penny to the side of her face and sleep like that.

posted by Devon on January 31, 2013 at 09:32 AM

I know comments are closed on the other thread, but I remembered this as I was reading them.

The band Queen hit it big while I was a tween. I knew all along, or at least early on, without really thinking about it, that Freddy Mercury was a gay man.

One day when I was about 26, I was in the bathroom putting on my mascara, thinking of nothing in particular, when there was a sudden loud "clunk" inside my head.

My former husband walked in a second later to find me collapsed against the radiator, weeping with laughter.

I looked at him and said, "Queen! I get it!"

Also, re the other list, "pedes-train" and "segue" for sure.

posted by BubbaPrime on February 1, 2013 at 09:10 AM

These were awesome - I learned a few things!

I will admit that I was in my 30's before I realized that there was not really a state named "Arkansaw" AND a state pronounced Ar-Kansas, like Kansas.

My friend remembers being about 15 when he asked his father "what it had been like to live in a black and white world, before the world became color?" - based on his father's collection of National Geographic magazines, prior to early 1962, the world did not exist in color.

posted by spiffikins on February 3, 2013 at 08:52 PM