Comments

I know this is missing the point, and PLEASE let's all kick 2013's ass, BUT. MY favorite cocktail is like a close cousin of the Sam Brown: equal parts lime juice, st germain, gin, and whiskey with a spoonful of honey and a dash of cayenne. I want to try yours now!

posted by nzle on December 31, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Ok, SRSLY, is it pee or splash water from forceful flushing? I've always wondered.

posted by K├Ąthe on January 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Happy New Year to you and Nick!

posted by K on January 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

It's definitely pee. I ain't never seen no toilet that has that forceful a flush.

Thanks Kris, you too!

posted by Sarah Brown on January 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Urgh, I call that woman "the first hoverer" and I am annoyed by her every time. She takes a perfectly good, clean toilet seat and hovers and it's all downhill from there.

My 2012 was bumpy too, I hope 2013 is kind to you.

posted by Annabel on January 3, 2013 at 07:32 AM

I am with you all the way on your new crusade. This has been an issue for me for years! Hear my cry--Sister, woman (womyn), sister, sit your ass down and don't pee on the seat! And if you just can't make your ass touch the seat, at least clean up your damn mess before you leave. I don't want to sit in that!

posted by MissusB on January 3, 2013 at 09:40 PM

The toilets in my building spray a forceful flush, but you can tell it's from the flush because it's very tiny drops and all the way around the seat.

It's also scary and I almost hug the door right after flushing because that's poo water in thar.

posted by Underwear Ninja on January 4, 2013 at 04:20 PM

As an off and on hoverer, I thought pee on the seat was just from hovering. But then I had a child, and I have to admit that hover or no hover, it happens. Still, we must come together and leave a clean seat! Happy New Year!

posted by Cathy on January 9, 2013 at 09:25 AM

AP are being dicks and blocked that photo of Nick & those nobodies.

posted by seth on January 9, 2013 at 05:24 PM

If these women insist on standing and peeing like men (albeit backwards) they should put the seat up like a man. Courtesy 2013!

posted by Kate on January 9, 2013 at 06:27 PM

Thing is, if I go into a loo and there's pee on the seat I will hover and leave and not clean it up because it's not my pee and I am hella not cleaning up someone else's pee. If you shame me on that I'm gonna yell at you back because if I go into a clean (looking) seat and hover it is left the way I found it.

posted by NuclearSister on January 10, 2013 at 05:12 PM

Can you please blog all the time? Because, really, you are the all time best.

posted by Kokopolo on January 11, 2013 at 04:19 AM

Nuclear Sister, I will clean up pee, because it's pee, and it's not going to hurt me, and change has gotta start somewhere, but it still makes me mad.

Kokopolo, you are very nice.

posted by Sarah Brown on January 11, 2013 at 08:50 AM