Comments

I hear the subway in Chicago is really nasty. My friend lived there for 4 years, and told me that the cleanliness of the DC subway we always grew up on was impeccable compared to Chicago.

Whirlyball sounds like definite fun to me. Especially the idea of no rape involved.

posted by Kris on March 18, 2007 at 01:21 AM

I love New York AND Chicago, and I'm wondering why no one has brought Whirlyball here yet, because it would go over in a BIG way.

posted by Belinda on March 18, 2007 at 01:25 AM

Hey Sarah, I'm going to Chicago for the first time on Wed with three other girls (We're flying from the Salty Lake City) and was wondering if you or your readers had any cool suggestions on places to hit up... bars, clubs, museums... We'll be there 4 days.

Like David Cross says, I don't want to get in the car and ask the taxi driver "Take me to where the kids drink" and end up at TGI Fridays ... so if you know of anything, you might be able to save me from this scenario.

Much thanks!

posted by Nicole on March 18, 2007 at 11:10 AM

What part of Chicago do Tony and his wife live in? What neighborhood, I mean?

posted by J on March 18, 2007 at 12:20 PM

What a great bunch of friends to go there and surprise him! Some of my closest friends have lived or are still living in Chicago. Holy cripes the crazy-ass drunken times I've had there. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Love the lacrosse quote, by the way.

posted by Johnny on March 18, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Um, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you! That and no one else would have bothered to document it so well.

posted by Mr. Emily on March 19, 2007 at 01:46 AM

It's amazing that after surprise 3 or 4 that he continued to be surprised. And that after a few he wasn't a paranoid wreck waiting for the next tackle.

posted by jami on March 20, 2007 at 08:37 AM

There is something wrong with this sentence, Sarah Brown!

"Chicago is my #1 city for my friends move to, if they can’t move to New York."

Fix it before someone else sees it!

posted by John on March 20, 2007 at 09:17 PM

Thank you, Mr. Lewis!

posted by Sarah Brown on March 20, 2007 at 09:20 PM

i've lived in/near chicago all my life and i completely agree.

whirlyball rocks.