Comments

I just got this issue and didn't even see the Cringe article on my first flip-through! Probably because I was so friggin' excited over the Ted Leo review.

posted by Lizzie on March 15, 2007 at 01:49 PM

Also, if Paste puts their articles online, his publicist probably has one of those google alerts set for anything that pops up with his name in it. At least, I have that for the people I work for and I'm not even a publicist. So, you know.

posted by LIzzie on March 15, 2007 at 01:51 PM

You're darn lucky the article came out well; I don't trust this Evie Nagy character. A highly suspicious name. And a former girl band member, no less--no doubt from the Jane Wiedlin school.

posted by Greg on March 15, 2007 at 01:54 PM

Greg, someday I will throw a pie in your face. FYI.

And Sarah, I'm really glad they picked the Christian Bale pullquote and that you didn't yell at me for using it.

posted by EV on March 15, 2007 at 02:15 PM

Yay! I used to work at Paste and it warms my heart to see two things I love so much come together. May there always be awkward moments to share with one another! Long live Cringe!

posted by TeenSleuth on March 15, 2007 at 03:48 PM

An excellent article and it's great to see such rave write-ups but not surprising at all. Also, nice use of jerkin in a sentence.

posted by will on March 15, 2007 at 06:11 PM

Completely, completely awesome.

posted by Erin on March 15, 2007 at 09:57 PM

this was on my kitchen counter today!

many congrats, sarah brown :-)

posted by nicole on March 15, 2007 at 10:46 PM

So confused when I went to view the photo of the cover. I had read "Modest Mouse underwear on the cover."

posted by jordan on March 15, 2007 at 11:34 PM

oh MAN. i only had, like, 300 words for VZ. what did i eff up?

seriously - what a great picture of the lifecycle of Cringe! so, so happy for you.

posted by kirsten on March 16, 2007 at 11:36 AM

I'll be honest: I had to look up the word "jerkin" because I wanted to accurately imagine Christian Bale wearing one. Not only do I now have yet another CB fantasy in my head, I learned a new word. Thanks, Sarah Brown!

posted by Bre on March 31, 2007 at 11:21 PM